Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Copied Posts

From Oct. 7
Diet Progress...

Bismillah hir Rahman nir Rahim

Well, since my diet blog is under review (at least I hope it is, I have no idea how it works) I will just track my progress over here for now. The last few days I have done okay on portion control. At least, I am eating less than I usually would. I am trying to control how fast I eat, also. And taking smaller bites. The scales have not moved in a week. Right now I weigh ۞۞۞ - 15 and I want to weight ۞۞۞ - 55 Yeah, you didn't think I was really gonig to put my weight on here, did you? I am okay with ۞۞۞ - 15 because just a few short months ago I weighed ۞۞۞. Confused? Well, sorry, can't reveal what ۞۞۞ is till I'm ۞۞۞ - 25, haha. But it gets discouraging when your scales hardly move anymore. I really shouldn't check everyday, just once a week. But it's still the same, week after week. I know I have to give it more than just a week. I am going to hold out till New Year's and then see where I'm at.


From Oct. 8

Diet Woes

I have been doing okay on the "diet", I guess. I am definitiely eating less than I usually would. Now I need to work on the things I actually do eat. I tend to get the munchies late at night. I need to snack on healthier stuff, instead of cookies and chips like I have been doing (even if i am eating just a few.) Maybe some baby carrots or some fruit. I think I better start eating more simple things, fruit, veggies, milk, bread. Staple foods, that don't have goofy cartoons on the package, right?

I think I also need to eat a bigger breakfast, I get really hungry about two hours later. So far I have been eating one slice of toast and a glass of milk for breakfast, which is more than I usually eat, I used to never eat breakfast at all. I think I will go ahead and add another slice of toast.

I am feeling hungry right now. But I notice that after a while it is not so bad, i can deal with it. If I start feeling weak or get low blood sugar, I eat some peanut butter or drink a glass of milk, eat some cheese. Within a few minutes I feel fine. It's kind of like "borderline" hungry. Weird, but I feel it in my arms and legs. I feel less heavy and lazy. But I STILL weigh ۞۞۞ - 15. And I still look like I weigh ۞۞۞. I know it takes time, got to reverse those wheels. I'm chugging along. Got to be patient. Wait till at least November before I see anything going on.

InshaAllah I am planning to make up my missed fasts and also try to fit in six fasts for Shawwal (the month after Ramadan) starting tomorrow. I missed eight this year, so that is two weeks, but they don't have to all run together. I will be honest, I actually have more than just this year's missed fasts. But I do not know if or how to make them up, if I am even allowed to do that. And if it comes down to feeding a poor person to make up for a fast, I can not afford that these days, I kind of AM the poor person right now. Just last year, I had a baby in the middle of Ramadan, I missed that whole month. A few other years, I did not make all of the missed up, due to my own laziness, astaghfurillah. I am trying to get right with Islam and with Allah, I need to find out what to do about making up a LOT of fasts.

No comments: