Sunday, October 19, 2008

Changes


My "diet" has stalled. I am not staying in control as much as I should. I am still eating less than I normally would, I have not been stuffing myself, but I could probably do better and eat less. I am not eating as slow as I was in the beginning and I am not taking smaller bites like I was before. I don't think I have done too much damage, though, just getting a bit lazy. Alhumdulillah, at least I have not gained anything. I am still where I was three weeks ago.

I need to remember to eat slowly, chew thuroughly, take more drinks in between bites. I think, also, instead of three big meals, I can eat smaller meals more often, like I had to do when I had gestational diabetes. Six small meals a day. Inshaallah, that will help my sudden hunger, like a few hours after breakfast, and the low blood sugar I get sometimes. But if I do that, I have to pay attention to what I eat and not eat too much sugary stuff at the wrong time. I should try to aviod sugary junk food anyway, except once or twice a week and eat more "natural" unprocessed food.
I also need to start some form of exercise. InshaAlah I will keep the baby's good stroller with me in the apartment instead of in the car with my husband all day and go for walks inthe morning after his breakfast. We both enjoy them and the weather is nice now, mashAllah. I also need to do some crunches. I was thinking to do 100 a day for now, maybe 20 with each prayer?
InshaAllah, I want to lose at least ten pounds by the New Year.

No comments: